The Phalcon Team would like to invite you to join us on Saturday, December 21st at 12:00 EST (17:00 UTC) for our v4 Release Party!
It has been a long journey. Nearly 3,000 commits and a lot of refactoring and cleaning up!
We released v4.0.0.alpha1 last year on Christmas Day. We wanted to release the v4 stable again on Christmas Day as a present to our community, but scheduling conflicts did not allow us to do this, therefore you are getting your Christmas present a few days early!
Join us for a live release hangout, to celebrate the release of v4 and just hang out. We will not be able to provide drinks but we will have screen sharing, compilation of the extension, release, Travis runs and house music!
Our live stream will be hosted on YouTube:
As you might have noticed, we made some significant changes with regards to the project. Some highlights:
- Started closing old issues and reorganizing our GitHub link
- Reorganized all our repositories link
- Created a new environment based on Nanobox to help with setting up Phalcon locally and being able to develop on it link
- Started engaging the community every month with a hangout at the end of each month link
- Increased our Social Media presence
- Rolled out brand new websites with a fresh design and easier navigation (Thanks to O2)
- Revised all the documents to ensure thoroughness, adding as many examples as possible.
- Increased the core team members
- and much more!
Special thank you to all those that have been testing v4 and reporting bugs. Without your help we would have not made it this far.
Also thank you to those that have contributed to the testing suite, as well as the documentation either with corrections for typos or translating documents.
If you find bugs, please report them in our Github Issues page. Alternatively you can always join us in our Discord server or our Forum.
Chat - Q&A
<3 Phalcon Team